Craft packages ordered = 0, craft packages received = 0 – still got those goodies in a basket – even ‘though I’ve been away!
First, I have to say a big BIG thanks to youngest beez aka Basslineblog who did a brilliant job of submitting my entry to the Graphics Fairy Brag Monday. Mine was the first entry and I didn’t even remind him. Not only that, he put the bin out too 😉 Also, thanks to anyone who buzzed by and left a comment or subscribed to my blog – I always appreciate it when people take the trouble to do that.
Second – the Olympics was F.A.B I saw Team GB triumph in the team showjumping after a tense jump off against the Netherlands. I tell you – I jumped every jump. There was a terrific Olympics buzz in London – I love London and miss it and please don’t make me have to go back to work tomorrow.
The second was the little house with flowers which I left amongst a display of pamphlets in the hotel
When I made my little olympic tributes I told you that I had
wasted spent an awfully long time making some different coloured union flags which I then never used. During one of my sleepless nights (which is when I seem to get a lot of crafty ideas rattling around in my head) I had the idea of using them to make some giant flowers. Striking whilst the iron was hot, I thought this would be the perfect project to share after my visit to the Olympic Games. I also intended to abandon it somewhere in London but, in the end, decided it would make a nice topper for my sister-in-laws birthday card.
Now this really was simple and, for once, I managed to keep it that way and not complicate matters or muck it up. First job was using a digital punch in my graphics progamme (on this occasion it was My Craft Studio Elite) to turn the flag into flower shapes. I did them in three different sizes.
Once printed, I cut them out and then curled the petals over the back of scissors. Even though I had used heavyweight paper the flowers were still a little flimsy so I decided to spray them with some glitter and then some paper varnish. This could have been where it all went wrong but, in fact, was the right decision. The petals had much more body and a lovely shimmer and shine to boot.
I attached the petals, using silicone glue, to a circle of card. I chose a pink button for the centre and threaded it with a little pink baker’s twine. The button was stuck down with more silicone glue. I added a little ribbon to the back so that the flower can be hung up. This really was quite easy and I am chuffed with how it turned out. Maybe that time spent creating union flags wasn’t wasted after all!