Craft packages ordered =0, craft packages received =0
I will confess to being a little giddy today, full of summer love sensation. If you already know what I’m on about then you were probably a fan. Yep, Mr Les McKeown front man of those dream boys (in my opinion anyway) The Bay City Rollers is back in town touring the UK and the world (well, Japan) singing all the old favourites. Yes reader, I admit it, in my youth I was a full card carrying member of the Bay City Roller fan club. I loved them with all my heart and they broke that heart when they went their separate ways. I never got to see them back in the day but now Les McKeown is back on the road I get my chance in October when he comes to Rotherham Civic Centre and I will wear tartan J
Anyway, today’s post is linked to a different group and a different song. If you know Sunday Stampers you will know that Hels always links the challenge to a song and part of her plan is that you will go around singing it for days on end. It works every time! This week it is “Build me up Buttercup” giving the theme of building up or layering. Here’s what I did:
Layer 1 was a piece of chipboard that I first painted with gesso (2) and then used texture paste through a flowery mask. Once the paste was dry I dabbed on some clear embossing ink (3) and then swirled on pastel shades of mica powders (4). I added scraps of muslin to the edges around the edge of the canvas (5) and then dusted on more mica powders (6).
I stamped the little dangly flowers and heart on to tissue and then used watered down PVA (thanks to Buttons for this tip as an alternative to Glue and Seal) to glue it to the canvas and to seal over the top (7 & 8). Once that had all dried I coloured in the flowers with a white gel pen and the heart with a red Promarker (9).
Loving my white Icelandic moss at the moment so there’s a little bit of that along the bottom (10). Hiding within the moss are little paper flowers, coloured with mica powder and some punched butterflies – I shall count these all as one layer so I think we’re up to 11.
The big butterfly was stamped, coloured with Promarkers and then dusted with mica powders. The little letters are printed scrabble tiles from the Gecko Galz Alter Me collage set. Not sure that these are extra layers, so I won’t count them!
The final two layers are a sprinkling of silver mica flakes and a smidge of bronze gilding wax around the edge of the canvas. So I make that 13 layers in total, which is unfortunate as that is not a lucky number. Ah – I remember now I also gave the whole thing a spritz of white Perfect Pearls which brings the grand total to 14 – phew!
My butterflies are, of course, in support of Amy and Friends and a wish that there was a better prognosis for those who suffer from Cockayne Syndrome.
Make sure you pay a visit to Hel’s blog as her piece is superb and has the most beautiful colour palette. I’m pleased to say I’ve moved on from singing Build Me Up Buttercup very badly, now it’s all about Shang-a-Lang 😉