Just a quick, and very late, post today as I am once again playing catch up after my mid-week work excursion to London. I decided it was time for some Halloween fun and so created this postcard:
I’m sharing this over at Sunday Stampers where the theme is to add leaves. I began by stamping the border, words (Chocolate Baroque) and the moon(Stampotique) using Stazon and then added Pine Needles and Spiced Marmalade distress inks. Once the ink was applied I gave it a spritz of water, left it for a few moments before dabbing with kitchen roll. The I used a water rush to remove some of the ink from the moon.
I dried the ink with a heat gun and then stamped on some splatters using a Stampin’ Up! stamp and Rusty Hinge ink. I borrowed this idea from Ruth who has used it to great effect on her projects, especially this cute tag. Next I stamped the pumpkins (stampotique) in green, followed by the vine leaves (Lavinia) using Forest Moss distress ink.
To finish, I stamped the pumpkins using Orange Blossom Archival ink and then coloured them with distress inks – Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade and Rusty Hinge.
If you can, buzz over to Hel’s blog and leave her some love as she’s not feeling too well right now.
I am also linking this up with City Crafter Challenge Blog where the theme is also leaves. The DT are saying farewell to their designer Anna who creates the most beautiful projects. Hope you’re having a great weekend and thanks for buzzing by.