Having recently been very close to the wire with my projects, and failing completely last week :(, for City Crafter Challenge Blog I thought I’d grab the opportunity to get in super early this week. I actually completed this on Tuesday, the first day of the challenge, and then the light decided to play daft (bright sun, grim cloud and no happy medium) and put paid to my plans! However, I’m still a lot earlier than I have been and am very happy to share this with you today:
The theme for the challenge is to use vellum. I wondered if I would be able to find my stash as it’s not seen any action for about a year when I was making tealight cards. Anyway, I needn’t have worried as my super tidy way of crafting (ahem!) meant that, naturally, there was a piece just lying around underneath my printer.
First off, I made the background from vellum. Then I remembered that important thing you need to factor in when using vellum and that is that sticky stuff generally shows through – even if the packet says it won’t. Had I known how the finished card would end up I could have got away with it, but as I only had a vague plan I swapped the vellum for standard white card. I embossed the honeycomb and then lightly brushed on Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade distress inks and mounted it on some black card.The flowers were stamped onto vellum and heat embossed with white embossing powder before cutting out. I added a tiny bit of colour with distress inks just to add a subtle tint. I coloured the centres orange and added a twinkle of clear glitter.
The butterfly was created in the same way except I used a plain die and then over stamped the top layer with script.
This card probably needs a sentiment or some words but I decided that, at least for now, I would leave it as it was as I rather liked the simplicity and I prefer to then personalise a card when I know who it is going to and why.
Thanks for buzzing by.