I’m back with another purple project that I am linking up for this week’s Sunday Stampers challenge and I make no apology for including yet another butterfly.
I used the tissue paper technique to apply the stamped images and words. For this I used black Archival ink and stamped on to single-ply tissue. I then tore , very carefully, around the stamped images as a torn edge shows up less than a cut one. To apply them to the canvas I used PVA glue mixed with a little water and then, again very carefully, brushed another coat over the top of the tissue and the rest of the canvas.
I stamped out the flowers and butterfly on to Japanese rice paper and coloured them with various shades of Promarkers before cutting them out. Once the canvas was dry I stuck them on.
To finish, I added some masking tape around the sides of the canvas and a tiny bit of Black soot distress stain on the edge.
I’m dedicating this project to dear little Knox, who suffers from Cockayne Syndrome, as he is not too well at the moment. It’s also for the fabulous Amy and Friends who do so much to support children and families who are affected by CS. Get well soon precious Knoxy 🙂
Thanks for buzzing by.