Right to the wire for this week’s Sunday Stampers Challenge where Hels is asking you to change something. I’m currently enjoying raiding my stash of wooden blocks so have altered one of those:
I knew exactly how I wanted this to turn out and I have to tell you that this is nothing like it!! That said I’m very happy with how it ended up. I covered the block with some paper from the Gecko Galz Floral Symphony paper pack and then added some stamping. I used my stamp script and Iced Spruce ink then a harlequin stamp and worn lipstick. I also added a few strips of washi tape with a musical score pattern. You can’t really see any of these distinctively as I then added a layer of white acrylic paint. I didn’t want this to be even, so rubbed some of it off and added more to other areas. Once everything was dry I inked the edges with Walnut Stain distress ink.
The top of the block is decorated with strips of muslin that I layered up. I’ve added a paper rose and some metal leaf embellishments.
On the front I made a central plaque from corrugated card, book page and more muslin and, surprise surprise, topped it with a stamped and inked butterfly.
I’ved added a little bunch of paper roses tied with a scrap of muslin and topped off with a metal brad.
I am also sharing this with Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog where the theme for challenge #8 is to use metal or glass.
Thanks for buzzing by.