Craft packages ordered =0, craft packages received =0
Today has not quite gone as planned. Having felt on top of my (Christmas) game yesterday, today it has all gone a little pear shaped. I have been having stern words with myself to remind me that it really isn’t that much of a big deal. My major plan for today was to decorate the tree and then a little light baking and crafting all of which would be jobs to cross off THE list. Mr Beez had the tree up in record time without me even having to say whether it was straight (it was). I had got the lights down early to check that they worked (they did) and we checked again to see if they were still OK (they were). You can now probably guess where this is going! As we reached about the halfway point, which equates to 200 lights, I thought we’d just double check what they looked like. Well let me tell you – the half on the tree were not working at all, whilst the half on the floor twinkled merrily. You can no longer get replacement bulbs for these and we have had them for at least 5 years so they had to go. Well you can’t decorate a tree until you have the lights on can you so that was that. I comforted myself with a cup of coffee, laced with a shot of Bailey’s, and took myself off for a little light crafting.
I have two glittery ornaments to share with you today, both of which use images from The Graphics Fairy.
I’ve used a glittery snowflake, picked up in last year’s sales, as the base and added a circle of starry tinsel. I printed two of the little girl images, punching a hole in one and layering it on top of the second, then I’ve placed an epoxy dome over the centre.
I’ve added some crystal clear glitter over the dome and some chunky glitter to the wreath part of image.
Next I framed the image with some clear and red gems. These came on a sticky strip so were easy to apply.
I’ve added holly leaves and berries at the top and a Merry Christmas and a red satin bow at the bottom.
The base of the second ornament is the inside of a Kilner jar (canning/mason jar?) that I’ve covered with music manuscript and then edged with thin gold tinsel.
After punching out the image I’ve edged it with gold glitter and then applied to the centre. Next I gave the whole thing a coating of chunky clear glitter.
I’ve added some faux spruce fronds and gold berries to the top and a tartan bow and rusty jingle bells to the bottom
This part of my day I am very happy with and I hope that you like them too. As I have used images from The Graphics Fairy I will be linking them up for the Brag Monday party tomorrow and I’d love it if you buzzed over and gave them a “like” tomorrow afternoon.
Now you will recall my other job for today was a little light baking. I’m not sure I will manage that now so, I shall add it tomorrow’s list. I’m hoping to share some of my endeavours, together with the recipes so I hope you’ll buzz by and take a look.
Thanks for buzzing by today.