Craft packages ordered =0, craft packages received =0
The new theme over at Sunday Stamper is “roses.” I couldn’t break out of my Halloween mind set so I’ve given the challenge a macabre twist.
The base of this is some chipboard that I covered with card. I’ve used my current favourite combination of stamps – a crackly one and a script. I’ve stamped the crackle using Iced Spruce distress ink and the script in Black Archival.
Next, I used my Inkduster to apply Fired Brick, more Iced Spruce, and Seedless Preserves. With each new colour I stopped applying ink near the centre so that it gradually got darker towards the edges. This highlights the skull quite nicely. Finally I went around the edges with black distress stain.
I stamped the sentiment onto white card and then added Iced Spruce and a teeny bit of Fired Brick over the top. I added silver paper fasteners and then glued the strip to the main piece, allowing it to stand away from the board.
The finishing touch was to make a little arrangement of red roses, distressed with a little black ink, a punched branch and some black muslin.
As a contrast, I made another little twinchie using my favourite ghost stamp. I couldn’t help myself! I stamped the image onto some pink gingham and again onto some rose backing paper. I cut the latter out and applied it over the top of the image on the gingham. I’ve given her a little rosebud in her hair and a paper one in her hand.
Thanks for buzzing by.