Craft packages ordered=2, craft packages received =0
Feeling a lot better today, but still not 100%. I felt even worse this morning when I realised that yesterday I had let a friend down. We were supposed to be having early evening dinner at the local pub but I forgot completely. Whatever it is I’ve got/had is clearly having an impact on my creativity too.
Making this card turned into a right performance and it really wasn’t that difficult to do:
My original intention had been to use this image and produce something that was monochrome. I’d envisaged a dramatic black bow and some sort of dangly embellishment. I am sharing this over at City Crafter for the current challenge which has the theme of “Royal.” My first thought was, naturally, Queen Bee – that part, at least, I stuck to!
I stamped the bee first , followed by the little crown, on to a square of white card and then added Mustard Seed and Wild Honey distress inks. I used the same colour inks to stamp the background. I used a waterbrush to draw out some of the colour on to the petals.
I stamped some more flowers on to Japanese Rice paper and crunched them up before layering onto the background, popping on some coordinating ribbon beforehand. I also added dimension to the bee’s wings using the same technique. The finishing touch was to add a little gem to the centre of the largest flower.
So, not the black and white creation I had intended but maybe I can try that another day.