So today I am back on my travels and setting off to Leeds to deliver a training event. You know by now that that involves loading and unloading the van, probably in the rain or, worse, possibly in the snow! As much as I would like a decent fall of snow before spring arrives, this is not the day for it to happen.
I’ve been having a little play and altering some playing cards.
During my decluttering, I happened upon a pack of playing cards minus the lid of the box. Not all the cards were there and after a bit of a dither, I decided to keep them as I thought they would make nice little canvases to work on.
I started by smearing on some white acrylic pain, using my fingers. Once dry, I used Staz On to stamp the bee and the words.
I added some additional stamping, using my honeycomb stamp, and added a scrap of music manuscript.
I covered the reverse side with various bits of scrap paper from my stash, added a layer of Picket Fence distress ink and then over stamped some script using Worn Lipstick. I also added a little more distress ink around the edge. The words were printed out on my computer, coloured with Worn Lipstick.
To finish, I stamped on the little bees.
As I am away, I have tucked one of these under Mr Beez’ pillow.
Only another 40 or so playing cards to alter!
Thanks for buzzing by.