Today I am sharing a card that is a reworking of one that I did for the Sunday Stampers challenge a few weeks ago.
I was all set to send this to my friend for a birthday when she threw a spanner in the works. Or rather a home for bees! I found out she has just installed a bee house at her central London home. It seemed only right and proper therefore, that her card reflected this so I used the same idea but different colours and, of course, a bee:
As my friend is also a lover of music, as well as being a talented singer and musician herself, it seemed appropriate to use some music manuscript instead of the book pages I used for the butterfly card. I’ve used kraft paper in between adding in some texture and pattern with stamping.
The bee image is stamped onto some ivory card that has been coloured with Antique Linen distress ink. I’ve applied some more ink through a harlequin stencil and then stamped some script. The blossom branch was stamped in Shabby Shutters and Worn Lipstick and I used Vintage Photo for the touches of honeycomb.
I’ve added some more of my shabby vintage wild roses which have chocolate brown glittery centres.
Once again I’ve used seam binding coloured with Antique Linen and Worn Lipstick, spritzed with water and then crinkle dried.
In addition to the card I also made a little altered domino brooch as a small gift. This is similar to the one I made the other week but I’ve made it a landscape design, used a musical domino and music manuscript for the background.
Everything is sealed with Modpodge glitter.
I am sharing these over at Sunday Stampers for the nature challenge, Really Reasonable Ribbon for Challenge #92 Flowers or buttons and bows and at Craft Hoarders Anonymous for Challenge #5 which is to use a stamp.
Thanks for buzzing by.