I’m taking a little break from Easter themed projects today and instead am sharing a little altered matchbox:
This is the project I am sharing over at Sunday Stampers, where the theme this week is Things That Fly. I’d hoped to have it ready to share earlier in the week but was thwarted when the little beehive stamp went AWOL. It literally just disappeared. One moment it was with all the other bits and bobs I had gathered in order to make my project and the next…gone! After I had re-traced my steps for the umpteenth time it finally revealed itself stuck to a packet of Promarkers!
Anyway, I started by covering a small matchbox, inside and out, with cardstock that had been coloured and stamped with distress inks. I used Antique Linen, Dried Marigold, Victorian Velvet and Iced Spruce with a smidge of Victorian Velvet around the edges. I’ve used stamps from the Beekeeper’s Tea Collection (Plate 13) by Clearly Constructed Stamps, stamping the beehive to the front of the box and the bee on the base of the inside.
I paper pieced the beehive and added the No 13 and a rose, both of which are also in the collection, then added a paper rose over the stamped image.There’s a second image of the little girl bee, which I cut it out and coloured with Promarkers, addling a little glitter on the wings. I used Pinflair glue gel, to give depth, and applied it over the original.To finish, I added a few more roses to the bottom of the box.
Thanks for buzzing by.