Although I have a long, long day delivering training today I do have a bit of a spring in my step as I got the good news that all my candidates passed their nutrition exam. Not only am I very proud and pleased for them, I am also highly relieved!!
If last week was all about romance and Valentine’s cards, this week seems to have been about altered MDF and tags. Today combines both, with an egg shaped MDF tag!
I’m linking this up with this week’s Sunday Stampers challenge that has the theme of birds.
During one of my recent tidy ups I found I had rather more of these MDF eggs than I remembered. The only trouble was that in my head the eggs were ostrich sized whereas in reality they are smaller. (Note that my knowledge of egg sizes is limited!) So my plan to embellish the egg with flowers and bunting went out the window. However, I’m very happy with the way this turned out.
I coloured the base of the tag with Distress Stains, layering Broken China over Picket Fence to create a duck egg colour. Then I splattered on some Walnut stain for a speckled effect.
Then, holding my breath, I stamped directly on to the wood. First the Darkroom Door sentiment and then the random blossoms. I chose this particular word as it was the only one that would fit properly and still leave room for the bird to perch.
I will admit that I practised the stamping on paper first and when I did, I got the bird perfectly on the wire. However, I knew that if I attempted to do that on the actual egg, it wouldn’t end well, so instead opted to stamp on card and cut him out.
To finish I crinkled up some seam binding and threaded it through the hole.
Thanks for buzzing by.